The Lightning Strike’s aluminum design is lightweight yet rugged, and capable of clear spanning over 24 feet and all the way to 32 feet with center pivot support.
With Lightning Strike roller screed, circular pours are as easy as 1-2-3 and can be set-up in 10 minutes.
1. A base plate is set into the floor before pouring.
2. Lightening Strike screed is connected to a shaft placed in the base plate and a center pin is placed into the shaft.
3. Center pin holds the screed to the concrete and allows for one-person circular screeding.
When finished, the screed, pin and shaft are removed and a small amount of concrete must be filled in. The base plate remains in place under the concrete.
For Crowned or Flat Circular Pours 50ft/15.24m or Larger
Lightning Strike method to strike of circular pours larger than 50ft/15.24m without deflection
1. From Center Pin measure outwards 15ft/4.572m.
2. Pound in re-bar or wood stakes approximately 4.5’ft/ 1.3716m apart around the previously measured 15ft/4.572m from Center Pin.
3. A second person will stand on the outside of the bin pulling the string tight to the outside form. The first person will pound a stake to the appropriate height for yoke system.
4. The other end of the string is fastened to the Center Pin at the predetermined floor height.
5. For each additional stake elevation using a laser level instead of string will ensure accuracy. This process will take 21-24 stakes/Yokes. Lura Enterprises recommends using only Mako or MegaScreed Yoke Systems.
Efficient:Circular pours are almost effortless using our center pivot on the inside and form runners on the outside of the screed. Contractors have reported being able to pour 30 foot bin floors with only a two-man crew.
User-Friendly: The lightweight nature of the Lightning Strike system is just one reason that the contractors who use it favor Lura’s roller screed. Another key benefit is easy cleanup. Competitive units often need multiple crew members and hours of time spent on the cleaning process. One man can easily clean up the Lightning Strike in five minutes or less.
Grain Bin Package
Each package includes the powerful and efficient 50cc Honda gas motor, screed section lengths of 20 foot, 12 foot, 6 foot, and 3 foot or 4 foot, our 6 inch wall plug, 3 collapsible tripod set-up stands, 1/8 inch form runner, grain bin bearing, straight metal handle and the accessory tote. In total, this package offers everything needed for grain bin applications in one convenient bundle. The beauty of this bundle is that crews can customize to just about any grain bin pour out there.
Replaces the handle of the screed and is adjustable to both height and pitch. This simple invention has revolutionized the way contractors do circular pours by allowing the center to be adjusted to the desired height, while removing the need for a person to operate the non-motor side.
Slides over any section of screed tube and rides between the rotation of the screed and the form, preserving the life of the Lightning Strike roller.